The perfect way to get into open water swimming
This workshop is aimed at those new to open water. No matter what standard of swimmer you are, the transition between pool and open water can be extremely daunting. This course will help you gain the confidence, knowledge and skills you need to enjoy this new environment. We deliberately keep the swimmer to coach ratio small (10 to 1 max) to ensure swimmers get the best possible support throughout the workshop. Our coaches are all British Triathlon Certified and insured and our lead coach is Swim Smooth trained & Certified.
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: £25 (includes wetsuit hire & a free silicone swim cap)
The introduction course will include:
- Theory and OW adaption. What to expect.
- Identifying personal needs and dealing with anxiety.
- Top tips for breathing calmly in the water and making the most of your open water experience.
- The basics of entering the water, acclimatisation and safe swimming.
- Looking at how different it can be swimming in the open water verses pool swimming. Swim stroke, style and feel for the water.
- Look at Open Water skills, such as Sighting – Going as straight as you can in the Open Water.
- We will look at wetsuits – What suits you, different suits, sizes and buoyancy, what to use for your swim type.
- Fun skills to give you confidence in the open water.
Although we have a basic outline for these sessions, we remain flexible and design the session dependent on our swimmers needs. So when booking please let us know if there is anything particular you would like to focus on.
What you will need to bring.
- Wetsuit - wetsuits are compulsory, don't worry if you don't have one we can lend you one of ours.
- Own swim wear.
- Personal Medication.
- Required personal Information.